Saturday, December 5, 2015

New Name

It's been a few months since I've posted here.  It seems that despite my best intentions, once we were home again, life got in the way and I never posted a final post summarizing our trip to Thailand last year.  Rather, this poor blog was left kind of hanging and was definitely looking neglected.



Having given some thought in which direction I'd like to take the blog, I started by giving it a new name.  As I plan to write about future travels to various locations, "Traveling to Thailand" was rather limiting.  Hence the new name, "Roads Well Traveled".  I chose this name because this phrase is what my sister and I put on our father's gravestone as it described him so well.  He was a man who enjoyed traveling, seeing the world, trying new food and talking to people.  While he loved his family, we often joked that he should never have settled down because there were so many places he wanted to visit.



He did manage to see a great deal during the time he served in the Canadian Navy and later as a heavy equipment operator who worked on construction sites in the United States.  After he retired, he and our mother saw much of Northern America on the many road trips they took.



I seem to have inherited his wanderlust and, now that I am retired, there are many places my husband and I wish to see.  Thailand was just the beginning.  Which takes me back to the name of this blog.  Because I want to write about all of the places we plan to visit, it did not make sense to call it "A Trip to Thailand".  It was either start a new blog for each trip or re-name this one.



In an effort to organize my entries, rather than post them one after the other on this main page, they will now be listed in the sidebar (under the pages section) at the right of the page.  It is my hope that doing it this way will allow me to order the entries in a way that makes better organizational sense than one chronological entry after another, which while in date order, may not be the most logical placement of posts.

If you've followed me this far, we have now begun our second trip to Asia.  The first trip of December 2014 - January 2015 involved six weeks spent in Thailand and we had such a good time we found that we weren't ready to come home at the end of the trip.  After discussing it, we decided to return for three months and in addition to spending time in Bangkok, we will also be traveling to Vietnam, Cambodia, Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand and possibly Laos.

Stay tuned - there are a lot of exciting adventures coming up in the next few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment